Cloudian has today announced the integration of its HyperStore object storage with the Kasten by Veeam K10 Kubernetes data management platform.
HyperStore will now act as a Kasten backup target, providing cloud-native storage with S3 compatibility, as well as ransomware protection on-premises or in hybrid cloud.
Kasten by Veeam is a Kubernetes backup and disaster recovery provider, providing the scalability needed to meet the challenges of protecting applications across distributed, cloud-native environments.
Cloudian regional director for ANZ, ASEAN and Oceania James Wright says that as enterprises increasingly deploy Kubernetes-managed, containerised applications in full production, it becomes essential that they protect these applications and their data.
The collaboration between Cloudian and Veeam will help to achieve this, he says.
“Cloudian and Veeam enjoy an incredibly strong partnership in ANZ, particularly in the healthcare, financial services, SMB, and service provider sectors,” says Wright.
“We've also recently completed a successful object storage, and data backup deployment – alongside our joint partner CSW-IT – with a leading Australian assembly and fastening materials specialist and have a number of other great deals in the pipeline.
“Kasten is at the forefront of the Kubernetes revolution,” says Wright, “and combined with Cloudian's unique object storage and data immutability capabilities, it will help ANZ organisations capitalise on the automation, speed of deployment, and portability benefits container technology brings to the digital economy.
With Cloudian as a target for Kasten K10, customers will now be able to take full advantage of HyperStore's benefits, including:
- Modular scalability – Start with just three nodes and scale up to an exabyte.
- Self-service – Provision storage using a lightweight operator.
- Multi-tenancy – Establish distinct namespaces for developer and production workloads while managing them from a single platform.
- Ransomware protection (S3 Object Lock) – Create backups that prevent cyber-criminals from deleting or altering data, enabling recovery of the uninfected data without paying ransom.
- Enterprise-grade security – Protect data with encryption in flight and at rest, integrated firewall, RBAC/IAM and SAML access controls, and certification with regulatory requirements, such as Common Criteria, FIPS and SEC Rule 17a-4(f).
- Cost savings – Save up to 70% over traditional storage and public cloud offerings.
“As organisations continue to expand their Kubernetes environments, they need a modern storage foundation to protect their applications and data and provide business continuity,” said Gaurav Rishi, vice president of product at Kasten by Veeam.
“Kasten by Veeam is the market leader for Kubernetes backup and disaster recovery, and our partnership with Cloudian brings enterprises the scalability and security container-based workloads require.